Becker’s Health IT
January 11th, 2023
By Giles Bruce
Several health systems and other healthcare companies have signed on to an organization that aims to protect the industry from cybersecurity risks involving third-party vendors.
The Health 3rd Party Trust Initiative and Council, or Health3PT, said Jan. 11 it plans to team up to better assess and manage third-party cybersecurity.
While about half of healthcare organizations have suffered a recent third-party data breach, according to a study from software vendor SecureLink, less than a third of them monitor their cybersecurity exposure in real time from outside vendors, IT consulting firm Gartner found.
Its members include cybersecurity executives from:
- Centura Health (Centennial, Colo.)
- HCA Healthcare (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Highmark Health (Pittsburgh)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (New York City)
- Piedmont Healthcare (Atlanta)
- St. Luke’s Health System (Boise, Idaho)
- Tufts Medicine (Burlington, Mass.)
- UPMC (Pittsburgh)
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Attest Health Care Advisors
- Evolent Health
- Health Care Service Corp.
- Highmark BCBS
- Premera Blue Cross
- Virtual Health